Fishing license Oklahoma

August 28, 2016

Permit Needs

An Oklahoma citizen or nonresident fishing permit is required of persons taking, try to simply take or have seafood or any other aquatic home organisms by any technique in Oklahoma. Individuals fishing the Red River must have a legitimate Oklahoma fishing permit unless exempt.

Besides, persons fishing on waters located inside the Honobia Creek or Three Rivers Wildlife control Areas will need to have a legitimate Land Access allow, unless exempt.

People residing in another state who have land in Oklahoma but do not go on that land, and generally are fishing thereon land, must buy a nonresident fishing license.

All needed permits or written evidence of exemption and recognition should be held while fishing.

Fishing Guide License

Fishing guides must possess an Oklahoma fishing guide permit. This permit costs $90 unless the guide provides Coast Guard Mariner credentials, in which particular case the permit costs $20. For a list of licensed guides, see

License Exemptions

Here people tend to be exempt through the res­i­dent or non­res­i­dent fishing permit:

  • Residents under 16 yrs . old.
  • Nonresidents under 14 yrs old.
  • Nonresidents under 16 yrs . old whom live in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Minnesota, brand new Hampshire, nyc, new york, North Dakota, Ohio, Texas or Wisconsin.
  • Citizen owners or tenants, their partners, par­ents, grandparents, children and their particular spouses, grand­chil­dren and their partners whom fish in pri­vate ponds on land owned or leased by these types of own­er or tenant.
  • Nonresidents 65 and older that residents of Tx. (Valid ID required.)
  • Citizen disabled veterans with 60 % or even more disability. Call State Department of Veterans Affairs, (888) 655-2838 to acquire proof of exemption.
  • Anybody whom fishes with pole and range, trotline or throw range in streams, all-natural ponds and my own pits in or forming the bound­ary for the county which he's a bona-fide citizen, when working with any bait oth­er than com­mer­cial or synthetic bait, blood, stink bait, cut seafood, and shrimp.
  • Anyone legally blind or actually im­paired who's incapable of correctly utilize fishing ap­pa­ra­tus plus one ac­com­pa­ny­ing partner even though the blind or phys­i­cal­ly impaired per­son is fish­ing.
  • People under 18 who will be in appropriate and phys­i­cal cus­to­dy associated with the State of Oklahoma or its agencies by judge purchase.
  • Individuals under 18 that inside custody of a young child attention center as defined by Title 10 O.S., part 402.
  • People fishing during Oklahoma’s Complimentary Fishing Days.
  • Any client of circumstances establishment in Okla­ho­ma es­tab­lished when it comes to care and remedy for psychological ill­ness or liquor or drug de­pen­den­cy or anybody de­vel­op­men­tal­ly disabled residing in any team home or oth­er in­sti­tu­tion or people developmentally disabled when accompanied by an at­ten­dant of such in­sti­tu­tion or le­gal guardian or whenever fishing on in­sti­tu­tion­al prop­er­ty.
  • Residents having a successful impairment render­ing them nonambulatory and restricted to wheel­chairs as cer­ti­fied by a duly skilled doctor.
  • Job Corps students for this state, having a proper iden­ti­fi­ca­tion card.
  • Anybody taking part in an aquatic knowledge event or clinic sanctioned by the Wildlife Department.
  • The following persons are exempt from the purchase for the Land Access allow (Honobia Creek and Three Rivers WMAs): Any Oklahoma citizen just who on the first day of the current twelve months had been younger than 18, or anybody 64 or older. All nonresidents must purchase an $85 annual Land Access allow (no exemptions).
Share this Post