No resident of the condition, 16 years or older, or nonresident, 16 years of age or older, may fish in inland seas or transportation seafood taken from inland waters without very first acquiring a legitimate Maine fishing license. Maine residents* may obtain a fishing license from any resident permit broker. Nonresidents** may get fishing licenses directly or by post through the IF&W division Office in Augusta or from some of the numerous nonresident license representatives through the state. Residents and nonresidents are also able to buy permits on our web site mefishwildife.com.
One is expected to hold his/her fishing permit with him/her always while fishing or transporting fish and must show their particular permit for inspection by any warden, division employee, guide or landowner upon demand. An electric permit or license are now able to be presented instead of a physical report permit or permit.
Control of fishing tackle inside fields or forest or regarding oceans or ice of this State without a fishing permit is prima facie proof fishing in breach associated with the legislation.
The commissioner may enable a licensee who has got obtained a free of charge fishing permit to own one accompany and assist that licensee in fishing. Anyone associated and helping the holder of a no cost fishing license can perform so without acquiring another fishing permit. This subsection will not authorize anyone accompanying and helping the licensee to help that licensee with more than one fly rod and reel. The individual accompanying and helping the licensee must stay inside the immediate distance for the licensee while that licensee is fishing.
Free (Complimentary) Fishing Permit Terms
A free fishing license will undoubtedly be given, upon application, to your after (these no-cost licenses might gotten within Department Office in Augusta):
- Any Maine resident that is blind;
- Any Maine local United states that is a part of this Passamaquoddy, Penobscot, Maliseet, or Micmac Tribe (must get permits from their particular tribal head office);
- Any Maine, NH, or VT citizen who's a war veteran and has now a service-connected impairment of 50per cent;
- Any Maine resident (or nonresident, if mutual privileges exist in the house state of this nonresident) who is suffering from losing, or reduced use, of both reduced extremities;
- Any person with a developmental disability (as defined in Title 5, §19503);
- Anyone with a mind damage (as defined in Title 22, §3086); and
- Any resident 16 or 17 years old inside custody associated with Dept. of Health and Human Services.
UNIQUE OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUTH AND ELIGIBLE FREE LICENSE HOLDERS
Unique fishing options for youth fishermen (under 16 years old) and free license-holders with physical or intellectual disabilities are suggested by the S-9 signal in unique guidelines parts of this lawbook, which begin on Southern & Eastern Counties. Complimentary license holders eligible to fish in S-9 seas consist of:
- Anybody with a head damage (as defined in Title 22, §3086), and
NOTE: particular oceans tend to be set aside for fishing only by persons under 16 years old. These seas tend to be indicated because of the S-11 code into the unique rules chapters of this lawbook, which begin on Southern & Eastern Counties.
RESIDENCY MEANINGSSee also: